Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Header

While browsing for new fonts, I realized that I liked one I already had. Century Gothic Bold looked best to me. I think it is also a common font so if I use it anywhere else on my page, viewers will be able to load the font without any trouble. To make my header, I created my title and then added a gaussian blur drop shadow filter. This gave the letters a more distinct look backed against the gray. I chose the low-light blend mode as it made the icy blue pop even more. As for the picture, I took on of my own photos and opened it in Fireworks. I used the magic-wand tool to highlight the background around the mantis. I then deleted everything in the background that I didn't want to show, instead I wanted the gray of the header to show through. I then placed the photo on my header and used a glow filter with the same color as the title font. This glow made the photo more distinct against the gray. I had trouble finding the correct length for the header to fit nicely with the rest of the blog. I tried 1000 pixels, 900, and then eventually noticed the resize amount (which wasn't working) was 820. I tried 820 and sure enough, it fit just right.

0 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger template 'Mantis' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP